Eligible matriculated CSULB students can use self-service registration starting Monday, October 15, 2018. Just like the fall, spring, and summer terms, you can register via the web at MyCSULB.
Who Can Register Online?
You will have access to register if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a continuing matriculated CSULB student
- You are eligible to continue in an approved program of study at CSULB
- You register within the correct dates and deadlines
- You have no holds placed on your registration access
Check MyCSULB for your registration access dates.
Students receive access to register based upon class level and units earned within each class level.
Prepare to Register
Log onto MyCSULB for the information you need to register.
To avoid delays, check the following items:
- Note your registration access date and time. Go to 'View Enrollment Appointment' at MyCSULB.
- Clear any registration holds. View your holds at MyCSULB where you can find more information about clearing your hold.
- Check your major. Some classes are restricted to students in certain majors.
- For many courses, you will not be allowed to register unless you have met the prerequisites. Transfer courses will be accepted automatically if they have been evaluated as equivalent to required CSULB courses.
- If you have transfer credit that has not been equated to a CSULB course, or if you believe that you have met the prerequisites in some other fashion, see the major advisor or course instructor before you attempt to register for the course.
- Campus ID:
- Your campus identification number is needed for online registration and is printed on the front of your Campus ID card.
- Conduct a class search online at MyCSULB. The decision to cancel a class due to low enrollment is generally made before the second class meeting. Have alternate classes in mind in case your class is cancelled.
- You may register for up to 4 units. To take more than 4 units, submit an Extra Unit Petition. If your petition is approved, you will be able to register for the additional units during either self-service or in-person registration. See Maximum Unit Load under Winter Policies.
- Get permission to enroll in any class section that indicates department or instructor consent is required.
- Contact the appropriate department or instructor. Permission to enroll does not mean that you are enrolled in a class.
Go to MyCSULB to view appointment date and time. Register as early as you can on or after your registration appointment date.
Self-Service Registration functionally ends Wednesday, December 19, 2018 for Session 1, and Tuesday, January 1, 2019 for Session 2 at 10pm. Late registration must be done in person and will begin Thursday, December 20, 2018 for Session 1, and Tuesday, January 2, 2019 for Session 2. There will be a $25 late registration assessed at the time.
Pay Your Fees
Your fees are due 30 days from the date you register for classes or by Wednesday, December 12, 2018. If you register after this date, your fees are due within 24 hours.
For details on how and where to pay, see Fees and Payment
Adjust Your Schedule
You may adjust your schedule until Friday, December 21, 2018 for Session 1, and Monday, January 7, 2019 for Session 2.
Here are some possible reasons for a registration hold:
- You owe money to CSULB (course fees, a library fine, an earlier tuition payment, etc.)
- You have failed to return property, such as a book or laboratory equipment, to a University department
- You have not taken the GWAR Placement Exam
- You have failed to meet another eligibility requirement, such as getting an immunization or clearing your international visa
You can view any holds you may have at MyCSULB as well as information about clearing the hold. If you still have questions, call the College of Continuing and Professional Education's Student Services Center at (562) 985-5561 or (800) 963-2250.