Discover a New World at the Beach
The Center for International Education (CIE) holds an informative and engaging International Orientation Week for all international students who are new to CSULB at the start of each Fall and Spring semester. International freshman, transfer, and graduate students are required to attend the mandatory International Orientation Day on their respective day at their respective location. International Orientation Day features information presentations and group activities led by our staff and student leaders. Throughout the rest of the week, new students will have the option to attend various workshops, campus and community tours, as well as other events. The International Student Orientation Week is a great way to meet other new students and get to know the CIE staff.
Get answers to your questions about how to:
• Pay student fees and tuition
• Maintain proper immigration status while studying in the U.S.
• Adapt to American culture and University expectations
• Become involved on campus with student organizations such as the International Student Association.
• Get your Student ID Card, if you haven't already. Find details here: Student ID Information. If you wish to ride Long Beach Transit buses for free, you may obtain a TAP Card from the Cashier's Office on the first floor of Brotman Hall with your Student ID Card.
All International Orientations will be held in different locations or time on campus. Please return to this website and check back often for updates on the location of your International Orientation.
FRESHMEN AND TRANSFERS FROM OVERSEAS INSTITUTIONS
Date: Monday, August 21, 2017
Time: 7:30 am
TRANSFERS FROM U.S. INSTITUTIONS
Date and Time: An email invitation with future orientation details will be sent in early July.
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Time: 8:00 am
We look forward to seeing you at orientation!