Welcome and congratulations on your admission to California State University, Long Beach!
Check-In Sessions take place at the Center for International Education in Brotman Hall, Room 201. All new degree-seeking international students must attend one session in order to have their CIE Check-In Holds released and to meet U.S. government requirements for validation of student immigration documents. International students who fail to attend a Check-In Session may be dis-enrolled from their classes.
Check-In Session sign-ups will be available after July 7, 2017. Please check back after this date to sign up.
Arrive no later than 30 minutes after the session start time or you may be deferred to an alternate Check-In date.
Bring your originals and copies of all of the following required documents:
- Your passport (and copies of the ID page, the page showing the expiration date, and your visa page)
- Copy of CSULB I-20 (pages 1 & 2)
- Students transferring their F-1 status from another U.S. school must also bring a copy of their most recent I-20 (pages 1 & 3) from their previous school.
- Receipt or proof of purchase of the mandatory health insurance
- Students receiving sponsorships from their home countries must bring their Financial Guarantees.
- Completed Check-In Form
Thanks and welcome to CSULB!