All new degree-seeking international students must complete the Online Immigration Check-In in order to have their CIE Check-In Hold released and meet F-1 reporting requirements.
International students who fail to complete the Online Check-in may be dis-enrolled from classes.
4 Steps for Online Immigration Check-In
STEP 1: MyCSULB
This information must be accurate and updated, as your MyCSULB information will be verified with the government immigration system.
STEP 2: CHECK-IN FORM
- First SAVE and then complete the Check-In Form as a PDF file on your device.
STEP 3: IMMGRATION DOCUMENT PREP
Save clear images of these immigration documents as a JPG or PDF file on your device:
- F-1 VISA page
- Most recent entry stamp
- Copy of CSULB I-20 (both pages 1 and 2)
- Government-sponsored students must upload their Financial Guarantee
*Please note: you no longer need to upload your passport bio page
Step 4: UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
- Unacceptable documentation includes: small, blurry, incomplete, or incorrect U.S. contact information
- You will be notified to re-submit documents if necessary
- You may be dis-enrolled from courses if you do not complete this check-in process
- Check-in hold clearance will take up to 3 business days
- Deadline: January 19, 2018, Friday @5:00 PM
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.