- Publicly recognizes international scholarly achievement of international students and scholars who have studied abroad, and faculty and staff who are involved in international activities.
- Provides a coordinated way to connect with other CSULB community members who are active in international scholarship
- Helps further advance the Global Awareness component of CSULB's mission
- Facilitates networking with your internationally-minded peers at other campuses to expand your scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Provides access to peer-reviewed publications and international scholarship, including opportunities to write and edit for its journal
- Offers unique advantages for faulty promotion (e.g., RTP) and scholarly career.
- Provides scholarships for students to pursue international scholarship
- See more reasons to join at http://www.phibetadelta.org/whyJoinPBD.php
Phi Beta Delta
Phi Beta Delta (ΦΒΔ), founded at California State University, Long Beach in 1986, is the first honor society dedicated to recognizing scholarly achievement in international education.
- Recognize the scholarly achievement of international students and scholars, who have studied abroad and faculty and staff who are involved in international activities.
- Serve as a vehicle for the development of academic-based international programming.
- Provide a network on each campus of faculty, staff and students involved in international endeavors.
- Extend this network to thousands of members in chapters throughout the world.
Membership is open to nominated faculty, staff, upper division students (3.2+ GPA)/ graduate students (3.5+ GPA) who demonstrate a strong international orientation through studies, research , and/or scholarly and creative activities.
Please click here to download the Phi Beta Delta Faculty/Staff Reactivation/Nomination Form.
The new membership fee is $50 and renewal is $15. The new membership fee goes to the international Phi Beta Delta headquarters to pay for membership processing; you get a gold medallion and membership certificate. Please make checks payable to 'Phi Beta Delta'.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.