International Education & Global Engagement
Questions About?

1) Accepting Our Offer: If you intend to join CSULB for the term you have been offered admission, you must accept our offer by signing onto MyCSULB.

2) Test Requirement: Graduate Students admitted into a second bachelor program where the first bachelor is from an institution outside the U.S. must meet all components to the CSULB bachelor degree and may be required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM) upon arrival.

3) Final Transcript/Degree: Please submit the final transcript and degree confirmation as soon as they become available.

4) Form I-20: The form I-20 is issued for admitted students who have demonstrated enough funds are available for immediate study. If you’re transferring to CSULB from a U.S. institution on an F-1 visa, your I-20* will be issued after your SEVIS record has been released to CSULB.  Second bachelor students from overseas will be issued a form I-20 after verification of funds.  Even though most graduate students complete their program in two years, the normal duration of the I-20 is set for 36 months (3 years).

5) Attend Mandatory Admission Sessions: F-1 students are required to attend a CIE check-in session.  This session includes the following: reviewing your immigration documents, verifying the proper health insurance, and answering inquiries of our office or university functions.  Please contact the International Student Services ( for more information.

6) Immunization Requirements: All incoming (new) students are required to clear immunization requirements by the Student Health Services. Visit the Student Health Services (link) for more information.

7) Medical Insurance Requirement: All international students are required to maintain adequate medical insurance coverage.  To purchase mandated insurance coverage, click here.

You will be receiving an acceptance packet, which will include our notice of admission letter, form I-20*, and relevant documents. Please review the information carefully, follow your “to-do' list, and contact our office ( if you have any questions. Please make certain to include your student ID number in your email inquiries.

*If you're attending an institution in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, you will not be issued a form I-20 until your SEVIS record gets released to CSU Long Beach (SEVIS School Code: LOS214F00361000).  Please notify our office via email ( if you plan to travel outside the U.S. before joining the university; otherwise, you will be issued a form I-20 one month after the start of the semester.