International Recruitment (IR), a unit of the Center for International Education (CIE), is your first contact within CIE if you wish to become an international student (on F-1 or J-1 visa) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
To contact recruitment for information on programs and how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-985-5555.
All international applicants to CSULB must submit the following checklist items:
1. A Cal State Apply Application - available at www2.calstate.edu/apply
2. English language requirement including TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson, Eiken or ALI information. Our school code for ETS is 4389.
3. Original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records, transcripts/individual marksheets, certificates, and diplomas. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) directly send their official transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official.
4. English translation of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if the original language is in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service or Northern California Translation Service.
5. All additional supporting documents vary from program to program. Please check with your program to see what additional documents are required.
6. Once you have submitted a Cal State Apply application, we recommend you check your status by visiting Applicant Self Service before calling or emailing the International Admissions office. For a detailed guide on how to check your status, click here.
CSULB does not require applicants to submit a transcript or degree evaluation. However, for applicants looking for a 3rd party evaluation, International Admissions recommends that you use WES (World Education Services).
*Any applicant with foreign coursework and a degree from an institution outside of the United States, who is applying to credential programs in the College of Education, is required to have all foreign transcripts and degree certificates evaluated by a state-approved agency. HERE is a complete list of approved agencies. International Admissions recommends that you use WES (World Education Services).
Mail all documents to:
CSULB Research Foundation
6300 East State University Drive, Room 180
Long Beach, CA 90815
Applicants submitting electronic transcripts from U.S. institutions (National Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.) must submit transcript to IDPTrans@csulb.edu.