Center for International Education
  • International Recruitment (IR), a unit of the Center for International Education (CIE), is your first contact within CIE if you wish to become an international student (on F-1 or J-1 visa) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).

    All international applicants to CSULB must submit the following checklist items:

    1. Application through CSU Mentor. F-1 and J-1 visa holders must use the International Application. U.S. citizens/residents or other visa applicants must use the Domestic Undergraduate Application or Domestic Graduate Application.

    2. A U.S. $55 non-refundable application fee by credit card. If credit card payment is not an option, prepare a check, international money order or bank draft, payable to CSULB. Clearly write your name on the check before sending it to our office. Please note that once the application is submitted and credit card payment option is not selected, you will not be able to pay by credit card at a later time.

    3. English language requirement including TOEFL, IELTS, Person, Eiken and ALI information. Our school code for ETS is 4389.

    4. Original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records, certificates, and diplomas. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) directly send their official transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official.

    5. English translation of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if the original language is in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service or Northern California Translation Service.

    6. All additional supporting documents vary from program to program. Please check with your program to see what additional documents are required.

    CSULB does not require applicants to submit a transcript or degree evaluation. However, for applicants looking for a 3rd party evaluation, International Admissions recommends that you use WES (World Education Services)

    *Any applicant with foreign coursework and a degree from an institution outside of the United States, who is applying to credential programs in the College of Education, is required to have all foreign transcripts and degree certificates evaluated by a state-approved agency. HERE is a complete list of approved agencies. International Admissions recommends that you use WES (World Education Services).

    Mail all documents to:

    International Admissions
    Center for International Education
    California State University, Long Beach
    1250 Bellflower Blvd., BH 201
    Long Beach, CA 90840-0109