CITT Mission and Goals
CITT is a collaborative forum dedicated to the development, distillation and broad dissemination of objective information about the goods movement industry.
We accomplish this through the development and delivery of targeted education, innovative research, and outreach programs serving the mission of the university, as well as the needs of industry and the community.
CITT's Policy and Steering Committee consists of representatives from academia, modal transportation sectors, units of government, and organized labor; and other individuals with distinguished reputations and career accomplishments in international trade and transportation, or those who are identified as key goods movement stakeholders.
As an educational entity with institutional and structural links to the logistics industry, CITT is uniquely positioned to:
- Provide an ongoing and neutral forum where all parties in the logistics industry and its community stakeholders can come together to present alternative solutions to complex trade problems, and seek opportunities to build consensus around those solutions; and share expertise and resources.
- Be a catalyst for sustainable growth and competitiveness through innovative training and education programs.
CITT realizes its purpose through these key goals:
- Education and Training: Contributing to the development of a well-informed cadre of industry professionals, and governmental and community leaders through certificate and degree programs and customized training.
- Research: Conducting unbiased applied research that contributes to the knowledge base of goods movement, leading to informed analysis of its operations and impacts.
- Outreach: Disseminating research findings and information widely, through reports and articles, town hall meetings, conferences and workshops.