English Language Programs
Students must be 18 years of age or show proof of high school completion to apply to the American Language Institute. Applications take 7-10 business days to process.
1. American Language Institute Application Form: May be completed ONLINE or by printable PDF.
2. American Language Institute Payments: $150 Application Fee AND Full Tuition Payment
- Application fee is non-refundable and must be paid before the I-20 can be issued. This includes processing and express mailing fees.
- Tuition must be paid before the first day of class.
- ALI does not refund any portion of the tuition unless a student was unable to obtain his/her visa. The student can only request a refund before the program start date. To request a refund, please email email@example.com.
- Acceptable forms of payment include Visa/MasterCard, personal check drawn on a U.S. bank account, money order, cashier's check, or bank check made out to CSULB.
3. Financial Documents: Bank statement (less than 6 months old) with a minimum balance of $23,800 U.S. dollars.
4. Passport Copy: Please copy the pages in your passport on which your name and date of birth appear.
5. Mandatory Health Insurance Consent Form: This form must be filled out before an I-20 can be issued.
6. Send Application and documents to:
If you are applying from outside the United States and wish to obtain an F-1 visa, your application should be submitted to our offices at least 45 days prior to the first day of orientation. Transfer students may submit their application and transfer documents up to 7 days before orientation.
F-1 Student Visa
The U.S. government requires students who come to the U.S. for full-time study to obtain an F-1 student visa. An I-20 form from the school of your choice is required to apply. After receiving an I-20 from the ALI, students will need to pay a SEVIS fee, and schedule a F-1 Student Visa interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. The time it takes to receive the F-1 student visa can vary from 1 week to 3 months.
If you have any questions before applying to the American Language Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (562) 985-8424.
- New Students - A new student can only transfer out before enrolling in ALI classes if he/she:
- Reports to the ALI or CIE (preferably in person, but e-mail, telephone, or fax are also acceptable) by the program start date
- Provides written confirmation of acceptance to a new school
- Submits the new school’s transfer form
- Can begin classes at the new school within 30 days of date of entry into the US.
*Students who do not show up to the ALI by the program start date will have their I-20 terminated.
**New students with questions about transferring out should email email@example.com.
- Current Students - If a current student would like to transfer out, he/she must go to BH-201 to speak with their CIE advisor, who will work with the student to choose an appropriate transfer release date. The student must attend classes and otherwise maintain status until the transfer release date.
*Current students with questions about transferring out should email firstname.lastname@example.org.