Refunds are based on the date an official withdrawal form is submitted to The College of Continuing and Professional Education(CCPE) office.
- A refund check will be issued for registration payments made by check. Please allow 4 weeks for processing.
- Credit card accounts will be credited for registration payments made by credit card. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
A delay in submitting required forms may result in a reduced refund.
Credit Courses (Extension Credit, Special Sessions, and Open University) Refund Requests
- Students with appropriate signatures must officially drop their course(s) and submit a refund application form to CCPE.
- Refunds are calculated based on the date the request is received at CCPE.
- Please be aware that any outstanding financial obligation to the university (i.e., library fines) may be withheld from your refund.
- If a course is cancelled for any reason, students may transfer their fees to other courses or request a full refund of fees in person at CCPE.
Non-Credit (Professional Development) Courses Refund Requests
- Refund requests will be accepted in person, by phone, mail or email.
- Refunds are calculated based on the date the request is received by CCPE.
- Students enrolled in classes which are cancelled will automatically receive a full refund or may transfer their fees to other classes.
Formula for Non-Credit Refunds
Refund schedule applies to all non-credit courses/certificate programs except Bobrow Test Preparation classes.
- 100% refund of the course fees paid prior to the start of class minus a $10 processing fee
- 65% refund of the course fees paid if student has taken up to 25% of the course
- $0 refunded if student has taken over 25% of the course
- Any classes that are 24 hours or less do not qualify for a refund once the class begins
Formula for Special Sessions Refunds
If class is dropped prior to the day of the first class meeting, the refund will be minus a $10.00 processing fee.
Refund schedule will begin the day class starts, if class starts on a weekend the refund schedule begins the next business day. First two days indicate the first class meeting and the next business day.
- Day 1 to 25% of the course, 65% refund of total fees.
- After the 25% mark of a course, no refund.
Nonattendance, a returned check for insufficient funds, or stopped payment on a check does not constitute an official withdrawl, nor does it relieve a student's financial obligation for the course.
For refunds due to illness, contact the CSULB Enrollment Services (Brotman Hall, room 101) at (562) 985-5471. You may obtain a medical withdrawal form from Enrollment Services.