Welcome and congratulations on your admission to California State University, Long Beach!
Check-In Sessions take place at the Center for International Education in Brotman Hall, Room 201. All new degree-seeking international students must attend one session in order to have their CIE Check-In Holds released and to meet U.S. government requirements for validation of student immigration documents. International students who fail to attend a Check-In Session may be dis-enrolled from their classes.
Please click here to sign up for a Check-in Session.
Arrive no later than 30 minutes after the session start time or you may be deferred to an alternate Check-In date.
Bring your originals and copies of all of the following required documents:
- Your passport (and copies of the ID page, the page showing the expiration date, and your visa page)
- Copy of CSULB I-20 (pages 1 & 3)
- Students transferring their F-1 status from another U.S. school must also bring a copy of their most recent I-20 (pages 1 & 3) from their previous school.
- Receipt or proof of purchase of the mandatory health insurance
- Students receiving sponsorships from their home countries must bring their Financial Guarantees.
- Completed Check-In Form
Thanks and welcome to CSULB!