CSULB Direct Exchange Programs
The following CSULB Exchange Programs are currently active and available to CSULB students for 1 semester on a direct one-to-one exchange student basis (2.75 - 3.0 GPA). Please note, some programs allow a 2nd semester extension if there is space available.
For a list of previously taken classes, check in the Study Abroad office (BH-201). Pre-approval of classes is determined by department advisors before departure.
CSULB Direct Exchange Application materials*
* application materials for this program may also be picked up during workshop
Application Deadline is Monday, April 2, 2012 for the fall 2012 semester
and Monday, October 1, 2012 for the spring 2013 semester.
ARGENTINA - Buenos Aires. 3.0 GPA required. Completion of Intermediate Spanish (201B) required.
- University of Belgrano | Fields of Study
AUSTRALIA - 3.0 GPA required. Very Competitive.
- University of Wollongong | Fields of Study
- Deakin University, Melbourne
AUSTRIA - 2 years college-level German recommended (some courses offered in English).
- University of Salzburg | Fields of Study in English
BRAZIL - Florianopolis. 2 semester of Portuguease required
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina |
CHILE - Site in Santiago. 3.0 GPA required. Completion of Intermediate Spanish (201B) required.
- Universidad del Desarrollo | Fields of Study
CHINA - Some chinese language required.
- Beijing Language & Culture University
- Bejing Normal University
- Nanjing Normal University
- Qingdao University (Minimum CHIN 102 or equivalent)
- Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts - Contact Art Professor Yu Ji 562-985-1806
- Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts - Contact Art Professor Yu Ji 562-985-1806
COLOMBIA - Completion of Intermediate Spanish (201B) required.
- Universidad CES, Medellin
- Escuela de Ingeneria de Antioquia, Medellin
FINLAND - No language requirement.
- Åbo Akademi University | Courses in English
FRANCE - Completion of Intermediate French (201B) required. Upper-division French recommended.
- Universities of Paris - MICEFA | Fields of Study (not currently available--check with Study Abroad office)
- Strate College (Industrial Design majors only)
German not required.
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) (Some classes in English for Art, Business, Film, Nutrition and Health, & Electrial Engineering and Computer Science)
Completion of Intermediate German (201B) required.
- University of Oldenberg | Fields of Study
INDIA - No language requirement
- Lucknow University | Fields of Study
IRELAND - No language requirement
- University of Limerick | Fields of Study and Module Descriptions
No language requirement (all courses are taught in English).
- John Cabot University (Rome) l Fields of Study
Completion of advanced Italian required, few courses taught in English)
- Ca' Foscari University (Venice) l Courses
HONG KONG - No language requirement. Business, Humanities and Social Science classes only.
- City University of Hong Kong Faculty of Business
- City University Hong Kong Faculty of Humanites and Social Science
Kazakhstan - No language requirement. All classes are in English
- KIMEP University l Fields of Study
KOREA - No language requirement. Sites in Seoul and Daegu.
- Hongik University l Art majors
- Kyungpook National University | Fileds of Study- Hongik University
- Yonsei University | Classes in English
MEXICO - Guadalajara. Completion of Intermediate Spanish (201B) required. (Currently suspended due to travel warning for Mexico.)
- Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara | Fields of Study
NETHERLANDS (HOLLAND) 2.8 GPA required. No language requirement. Classes taught in English
- InHolland University of Applied Sciences in Haarlem
- Hogeschool van Amsterdam (HES) School of Business l Fields of Study
NORTH CYPRUS - No language requirement.
- Eastern Mediterranean University | Fields of Study
EMU is home to over 14,000 students from 65 different countries. The campus is a five minute drive from the nearest sandy beaches and historical places of interest. North Cyprus enjoys 9 months of sunshine per year and is an ideal location for those students who would like to travel to the Middle East and Europe on short breaks while they are staying here.
CSULB students are welcome to participate in the exchange program either for a semester or for the whole academic year.
PERU - Lima. Completion of Intermediate Spanish (201B) required.
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru | Fields of Study
SINGAPORE - No language requirement. 3.0 GPA required.
Business majors only.
- Singapore Management University | Fields of Study
- University of Alicante | Fields of Study - Completion of Spanish 300 required. Fluency in Spanish is recommended. (A few courses taught in English.)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid | Fields of Study • Completion of Spanish 300 recommended by not required for all courses.
Some courses are available in English (Business, Economics, Engineering, Film and Media Studies) . (Jounalism courses offered in English are printed in green. Communication and Media Studies courses offered in English are printed in green.)
SWITZERLAND - Completion of Intermediate French or German (201B) required.
- University of Fribourg (French or German) | Fields of Study
- University of Lausanne (French) l Learn French Program | (Some additional courses are available in English for exchange students)
TAIWAN - Minimum 1 year Mandarin Chinese.
- Tunghai University in Taichung
- Tamkang University in Taipei l Fields of Study in English
- Ming Chuan University in Taipei l Fields of Study in English
- Thammasat University
UNITED KINGDOM - 2.75 GPA required. No language requirement.
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff (Kinesiology majors) - Spring semester only, Contact Professor Emyr Williams
- University of Coventry | Fields of Study (Fall or Spring semester or full year)
- University of Hertfordshire | Fields of Study (Fall. Spring, or full year semester)
- University of Kent l Fields of Study l Course descriptions (modules)
- University of Leicester | Fields of Study | Courses (module) descriptions (Fall, Spring, or Full year)
- Nottingham-Trent University - 3.0 GPA req. | Fields of Study Fall or Full year. (Humanities, Social Science) Fall or Spring (Business)
- Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland | Fields of Study (Fall or Spring semester or full year)
CSULB London Semester
Live in the exciting city of London as you study the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (GE)
- Sponsored by CSULB, CSU Fullerton, and the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS).
- Open to sophomores with 30 units previous study through seniors 2.6 GPA minimum.
- Earn at least 12 CSU academic units.
- Internship opportunity (for credit only - unpaid).
- Courses taught in London by British adjunct faculty and two CSUF (CSU Fullerton) professors.
- Humanities (English) and Social Sciences classes offered, other fields of study and General Education vary each semester.
- PROGRAM COST - approximately $9195.00 ($8295 for homestay option), includes AIFS program fees, housing, and field trips. This figure does not include CSULB tuition and airfare.
- CSU Financial Aid applies, two $500.00 scholarships available.
- Application deadline - Friday, October 26
- Find out more at a London Semester workshop (check for schedule in the Study Abroad office, BH-201)
- London Semester.sp.13.pdf
- Affilicate program with the Foundation for International Education (FIE)
- Open to sophomores through seniors with 2.6 GPA minimum
- Offers a wide variety of courses taught by British faculty
- Internship, Service Learning or Undergraduate Research options available
- PROGRAM COST - $14,775 (includes tuition; accommodations in student apartments in Kensington; medical insurance; tube/travel card pass; and co-curricular field trips, cultural activities, and events
- Federal financial and loans will apply to students who qualify
- Application deadline - Monday, March 15.
- Click here to download application for fall 2011.
CSULB Direct Enroll Affiliate Programs
American-style universities (courses taught in English)
Must appy through CSULB to receive the discounts
International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) - CSULB Affiliate Program
CSULB is now an ISEP Affiliate Institution, which gives students the option to study at over 30 universities in 21 countries through ISEP-Direct fee-based programs. If you're a student at ISEP Affiliate institution, you can participate in ISEP-Direct programs in 21 countries. Contact Linda Olson-Levy at email@example.com for more information.
Summer Programs Taught in English:
- India - University of Hyderabad
- Thailand - Thammasat University
Summer Language Programs:
- Chile - Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso
- France - Université de Savoie
- Germany - Philipps-Universtaet Marburg
- Japan - Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Mexico - Universidad de Monterrey
- Uruguay - Universidad Católica del Uruguay