The International Admissions (IA), a unit of the Center for International Education (CIE), is your first contact within CIE if you wish to become a student (on F-1 or J-1 visa) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
IA is specialized in evaluating foreign credentials; therefore, admissions decisions for U.S. citizens/residents with course work completed outside the U.S. will be rendered by IA. U.S. citizens/residents whose most recent degree is from overseas must demonstrate their English language proficiency. Make certain to use CSU Mentor’s domestic application to apply and send necessary items to the Office of International Admissions by the application document deadline.
Documentation of financial support: financial affidavit and bank statement.
- Apply online: Please note that applicants (J-1/F-1 visa holders) must use the International Application.
- When applying online, it is recommended that you pay the U.S. $55 non-refundable application fee by credit card. Prepare a check, international money order, or bank draft, payable to CSULB if credit card payment is not an option. Clearly write your name on the check before sending it to our office. Checks must be drawn off a U.S. bank and include electronically readable micro-encoding. This fee is non-refundable and cannot be deferred or waived.
- English language requirement
TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson, Eiken and ALI information. Our school code for the TOEFL is 4389.
- Original or certified copies of ALL Official Academic records. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) in the U.S. send their official transcript(s) directly to the International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official. Please note evaluation reports prepared by outside agencies are not accepted.
- Original or certified copies of ALL academic certificates or diplomas.
- English translation of academic records and certificates/diplomas if original is in a language other than English.
Mail documents to:
Center for International Education
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd., BH 201
Long Beach, CA 90840-0109
Application filing dates:
Deadlines vary according to major and class level. Check the Application Filing Status Report for the most current information concerning open or closed majors.
You will receive an email following application submission that will instruct you to send in supporting documents.
* Exchange students must contact the exchange coordinator at their home institution for information on deadlines and requirements. An exchange student is a student who has been admitted to CSULB for either one or two semesters as part of an official exchange program between California State University (CSU) generally or California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) specifically and the student's overseas University.
Express Mailing Request:
California State University, Long Beach International
Admissions is pleased to make available DHL and FedEx Express mailing of
You must use the University Express Mail Services website–do not go through
the DHL or FedEx websites directly.
Requesting your acceptance packet through express mail is at
YOUR expense, and your credit card will be charged upon requesting the service.
The DHL and FedEx express mailing must be paid by credit card (Visa,
MasterCard, or Discover cards only).
To request express mailing of your documents, go to the
following secure website: (works best with Internet Explorer & Mozilla
You will be required to create your own user name and
password in order to create an account.
To request shipment, you will need your CSULB campus ID
number, mailing address, email address, telephone number and credit card
If you have questions about how to use this service, please
Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as
errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete
address information will result in a delay of your document arrival.