International Admissions (IA), a unit
of the Center for International Education (CIE), is your first contact
within CIE if you wish to become an international student (on F-1 or J-1
visa) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
All international applicants to CSULB must submit the following checklist items:
1. Application through CSU Mentor. F-1 and J-1 visa holders must use the International Application. U.S. citizens/residents or other visa applicants must use the Domestic Undergraduate Application or Domestic Graduate Application.
A U.S. $55 non-refundable application fee by credit card. If credit
card payment is not an option, prepare a check, international money
order or bank draft, payable to CSULB. Clearly write your name on the
check before sending it to our office. Please note that once the
application is submitted and credit card payment option is not selected,
you will not be able to pay by credit card at a later time.
3. English language requirement including TOEFL, IELTS, Person, Eiken and ALI information. Our school code for ETS is 4389.
Original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records,
certificates, and diplomas. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are
required to have the institution(s) directly send their official
transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not
5. English translation of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if the original laguage is in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service and Northern California Translation Services.
6. Other resources for transcript evaluation and degree verification include WES (World Education Services) and IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
7. All additional supporting documents vary from program to program and can be found HERE (link coming soon).
Mail all documents to:
Center for International Education
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd., BH 201
Long Beach, CA 908400109