International Recruitment (IR), a unit of the Center for International Education (CIE), is your first contact within CIE if you wish to become an international student (on F-1 or J-1 visa) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
All international applicants to CSULB must submit the following checklist items:
1. Application through CSU Mentor. F-1 and J-1 visa holders must use the International Application. U.S. citizens/residents or other visa applicants must use the Domestic Undergraduate Application or Domestic Graduate Application.
2. A U.S. $55 non-refundable application fee by credit card. If credit card payment is not an option, prepare a check, international money order or bank draft, payable to CSULB. Clearly write your name on the check before sending it to our office. Please note that once the application is submitted and credit card payment option is not selected, you will not be able to pay by credit card at a later time.
3. English language requirement including TOEFL, IELTS, Person, Eiken and ALI information. Our school code for ETS is 4389.
4. Original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records, certificates, and diplomas. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) directly send their official transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official.
5. English translation of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if the original language is in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service or Northern California Translation Service.
6. All additional supporting documents vary from program to program. Please check with your program to see what additional documents are required.
Mail all documents to:
Center for International Education
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd., BH 201
Long Beach, CA 90840-0109