English Language Programs
Students must be 18 years of age or show proof of high school completion to apply to the American Language Institute. Applications take 7-10 business days to process.
1. American Language Institute Application Form: May be completed ONLINE or by printable PDF.
2. American Language Institute Payments: $150 Application Fee AND Full Tuition Payment
- Application fee is non-refundable and must be paid before the I-20 can be issued. This includes processing and express mailing fees.
- Tuition must be paid before the first day of class.
- ALI does not refund any portion of the tuition unless a student was unable to obtain his/her visa. The student can only request a refund before the program start date. To request a refund, please email email@example.com.
- Acceptable forms of payment include Visa/MasterCard, personal check drawn on a U.S. bank account, money order, cashier's check, or bank check made out to CSULB.
3. Financial Documents: Download and complete the Financial Affidavit for ALI Students form, as well as a bank statement or official letter (less than 6 months old), with a minimum balance of $23,800 U.S. dollars (additional funds required for dependents). The bank statement or letter must clearly show the name and address of the institution, name of account holder, relationship to applicant, and date.
4. Passport Copy: Please copy the pages in your passport on which your name and date of birth appear.
5. Mandatory Health Insurance Consent Form: This form must be filled out before an I-20 can be issued.
6. Guardian Consent Form: This form is only necessary if the applicant is under 18 years old.
7. Transfer Form: This form must be completed if you plan to transfer your SEVIS record from a different institution to the ALI.
8. Send Application and documents to:
If you are applying from outside the United States and wish to obtain an F-1 visa, your application should be submitted to our offices at least 45 days prior to the first day of orientation. Transfer students may submit their application and transfer documents up to 7 days before orientation.
F-1 Student Visa
The U.S. government requires students who come to the U.S. for full-time study to obtain an F-1 student visa. An I-20 form from the school of your choice is required to apply. After receiving an I-20 from the ALI, students will need to pay a SEVIS fee, and schedule a F-1 Student Visa interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. The time it takes to receive the F-1 student visa can vary from 1 week to 3 months.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.