Travel and Re-entry to the U.S
In order to re-enter the U.S. after a temporary absence (less than 5 months), students must be in good immigration status and carry the following documents:
- Valid Passport (valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of the re-entry to the U.S.)
- Valid F-1/J-1 student visa in passport (except students from Canada)
- I-20/DS-2019 with a valid travel signature
Other Recommended Documents to Carry:
- Students who need a new travel signature should submit Document Request Form along with the original I-20/DS-2019 to CIE (BH 201) front desk.
F-1 Students on OPT
- Copy of CSULB transcript and/or proof of course registration. You can print these documents from your MyCSULB account.
- Evidence of financial resources.
- Contact information of International Students and Scholars.
F-1 Students on OPT must carry the following documents:
- I-20, signed for travel by an International Student Advisor within the last 6 months.
- Passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond your expected date of entry into the United States.
- Valid F-1 student visa in passport (except students from Canada)
- Unexpired EAD or a copy of the OPT Receipt/Approval Notice, if the EAD has not yet arrived.
- Letter from your current or prospective employer verifying that you are returning to the United States to continue or to accept new employment.
- Contact information of your DSO.
- Make sure you have not exceeded unemployment time and that you continue to maintain F-1 status by fulfilling all mandatory reporting requirements.