The Advisory Committee serves a valuable asset to CCPE as noted in the Mission statement below.
The purposes of the College of Continuing & Professional Education Advisory Committee shall be:
• to sustain and nurture the integration of the College with the overall mission of California State University, Long Beach;
• to represent faculty, administrators, students, and the community in College internal discussions of initiatives and curriculum in credit-bearing areas;
• to review the academic and financial processes by which College initiatives and curriculum are generated and implemented;
• to perform other tasks that the Dean may assign;
• to advise the Dean on College self-support instructional fees;
• to be the consultative body on policy for College activities;
• to represent, when requested by the Dean, College to other constituencies, especially to faculty and students.
• to ensure that proper consideration is given to the normal and collegial curriculum processes of the departments and colleges as they are associated with College programs;
• to act as a liaison to the Academic Senate.
The voting members of the Advisory Committee shall serve a term of two years and shall be chosen jointly by the Chair of the Academic Senate (in consultation with the Executive Committee) and the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. The membership shall be composed as follows:
• 1 Academic Dean
• 1 Associate Dean
• 1 Community Member (nominated by the Dean of CCPE)
• The Chair of the Academic Senate (or designee from the Executive Committee)
• 3 faculty members (nominated by the Executive Committee)
• 1 member of the University Resources Council (nominated by the Executive Committee in consultation with the Chair of the University Resources Council)
• 1 student (nominated by the President of Associated Students, Inc.)
In addition, the following shall be ex officio non-voting members of the Advisory Committee:
• Dean, College of Continuing & Professional Education
• Associate Dean, College of Continuing & Professional Education
• Assistant Vice President for Academic Resources
• Dean’s Senior Managers, College of Continuing and Professional Education