The Advisory Committee serves a valuable asset to CCPE as noted in the Mission statement below.
The purposes of the College of Continuing & Professional Education Advisory Committee shall be:
• to sustain and nurture the integration of the College with the overall mission of California State University, Long Beach;
• to represent faculty, administrators, students, and the community in College internal discussions of initiatives and curriculum in credit-bearing areas;
• to review the academic and financial processes by which College initiatives and curriculum are generated and implemented;
• to perform other tasks that the Dean may assign;
• to advise the Dean on College self-support instructional fees;
• to be the consultative body on policy for College activities;
• to represent, when requested by the Dean, College to other constituencies, especially to faculty and students.
• to ensure that proper consideration is given to the normal and collegial curriculum processes of the departments and colleges as they are associated with College programs;
• to act as a liaison to the Academic Senate.