The College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) also serves the campus mission through its community outreach activities. CCPE's mission statement dedicates us to community service. Here are some examples:
- Production of, or support for, television programs serving the community, including collaborations with the Long Beach Unified School District, Long Beach City College, the City of Long Beach, and Charter Communications (holder of the Long Beach cable franchise).
- Additional new relationships and networks have been developed with the Workforce Investment Board, the Health Industry Task Force, and similar community groups. These relationships have already resulted in new program activity.
- One of our Program Administrators is the elected Junior Chamber of Commerce Vice President for Training. We work to connect with Generation X and Millennials – the emerging and future age groups that are quickly becoming our customer base.
- CCPE is a member of the Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership in order to connect to potential resources, program ideas, and business leaders who serve on nonprofit boards.
- The primary role of our Director of Corporate Education is to build public sector and corporate partnerships that further extend our reach into the community. The Director is an active contributor to the work of many organizations, and is a Charter Member of Zonta International.
- Our Center for International Trade and Transportation (CITT) annual Town Hall meetings bring to campus close to 2,000 stakeholders in the goods movement industry. Most of these individuals are deeply connected to the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles, a major economic engine for the region:
CITT creates other events and opportunities, including the National Urban Freight Conference. This is the type of community-university partnership we hope to foster in other industries on behalf of CSULB.
- Ocean carriers
- Marine terminals
- Freight forwarding
- Custom brokerages
- Federal, state, and local legislative bodies and agencies
- Community organizations
- CCPE continues to support relationships with the Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. In June 2006, CCPE was honored as the Chamber’s Community Service Award Recipient at its annual Inaugural Gala. This provided an opportunity to highlight the many contributions made by CSULB to our community. One of our Program Administrators serves as the 1st Vice President of the Women’s Business Council.