What kinds of partnership opportunities exist?
Special Sessions Offerings (Credit)
Special Sessions offerings are approved university courses and programs offered through The College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) on a self-supporting basis. Formats include Winter Session, May Intersession, Summer Sessions, Open University, and degree programs. Specific individual classes may also be offered. Programs are conducted both on and off campus or utilizing mediated learning technologies to meet specialized educational needs of specific student populations. We use the delivery format or technology that best serves the needs of the students.
Professional Development (Non-credit) Programs
CCPE fulfills its continuing education mission by providing a wide array of non-credit courses, certificate programs, and contract training with businesses and organizations. These Professional Development programs are designed to connect career-related knowledge and skills with the needs of working professionals and businesses in the community.
How does a partnership with CCPE work?
We use a five-step process to insure that your needs are met:
A good partnership begins with people getting to know each other. First, we meet with you and go over all the CCPE service options available to you. As we develop an in-depth understanding of your needs, we can determine which of our services match best with your program development ideas.
- Pre-program Assessment
Following appropriate campus consultation and approval processes, we work with you to determine if there is a market for the program, if it is financially feasible, the best course delivery method, and best location. We also work with you to determine if the program works best as a Special Sessions or Professional Development offering.
- Program Development
We develop a timeline, a program budget, a marketing campaign, and identify curriculum resources as needed. We keep Academic Affairs informed, and make sure the appropriate campus procedures are followed. To generate interest and start the recruiting process, we implement and manage the marketing campaign prior to program launch.
- Administrative and Instructional Program Support
Each program is supported by a team of CCPE professionals that provide comprehensive program management and support services. This team insures that the program runs smoothly, and that department, instructor, and student needs are met.
We assist with post-program evaluation, including student feedback and quality and financial review.
Each step of the way, we support you in achieving your department and college’s objectives.
What services does CCPE offer?
Comprehensive Administrative Services
- Consultation related to CSU system and campus policies
- Assistance with Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation
- Budget creation and control
- Faculty payroll processing and reporting
- Financial reporting and allocation distribution to colleges and departments
- Program management services team
- Development of contractual documents, including Memorandums of Understanding and Letters of Agreement
- Instructional design and delivery of mediated learning courses
- Staffing assistance
- Help Desk support for mediated learning courses
- Procurement of textbooks and course materials
- Market research
- Strategic marketing planning and implementation
- Media mix management and procurement
Print and Electronic Media Production
- Graphic design and production
- Web development and design
- Studio and location video production
- Internet video streaming
- Cable television channels
- State-of-the-art multimedia conference room
- Three videoconference facilities for live meetings and classes
- Computer lab with the latest hardware and software
- Large distance learning classroom
- Nine training rooms/classrooms with varying levels of multimedia
- Three conference rooms